Making a positive contribution to Manchester
When you get over 70 caring business people together to do something to tackle Manchester’s overwhelming homelessness issue, great things happen.
On 15th October last year, we held CEO Sleepout Manchester 2018 at Emirates Old Trafford for the third year running. Our business leaders braved a chilly night outdoors, raising funds to fight homelessness.
Together, Manchester’s big hearted business people raised a fantastic c£72,800!
We worked with a number of outstanding charities working with people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, and those in poverty, asking them to reach out to their networks and help make CEO Sleepout Manchester 2018 the best one yet. And it worked!
We were delighted to distribute funds to the following:
- The LCCC Foundation – £24,270.15 for the purpose of working with partner charities and setting up a specific provision using sport for homeless people in Manchester.
- Mustard Tree Manchester – £8574.76 to support their work in improving wellbeing and creating opportunities for people who have been homeless get qualified and back into employment.
- MASH Manchester – £3984.03 for their work with female street workers in Manchester.
- Back On Track Manchester – £5321.33 f0r their work supporting vulnerable people with skills that can lead to employment
- Walking With the Wounded – £5,000 for their work accommodating and supporting homeless veterans in Manchester
- We also made a small donation to the Manchester City Mission of £1706.37
- £24,270.15 will be used by CEO Sleepout UK charity for our national work, and will also support our social enterprise The Fork In the Road Restaurant, training ex offenders, long term unemployed and those in recovery, supporting them to get back into employment.
To help us make an even bigger difference, sign up for CEO Sleepout Manchester, 4 November 2019!